The health and wellbeing of everyone who is a part of our church family at LIFE, including our staff, their whānau and visitors to our locations is a top priority.
Below is advice from the Auckland Regional Public Health Service:
- While restrictions are reduced at the Orange traffic light setting, COVID-19 still poses a threat, especially to our most vulnerable communities. The Omicron variant of COVID-19 can make people very sick, even if they are fully vaccinated.
- People who are unwell should get a test and stay home until it comes back negative and they feel better. If they test positive, they will need to isolate at home for 7 days, and so will the people they live with.
- Please do not attend services if unwell with cold/flu-like symptoms, regardless if you had a negative RAT test result prior to the service.
- A reminder to everyone who has been infected with COVID-19 not to attend a service until their 7-day isolation and 24-hours symptom-free period is completed.
- Wearing a mask is an important way to stop COVID-19 spreading. Face masks are not required for attendees at our church gatherings and events; however, they are encouraged to be worn. If you have forgotten yours, a supply will be on hand at our Information Desks.
- Face masks are required for workers (LIFE Staff and volunteers) in all indoor services and gatherings. Those on stage can remove their mask provided they are 2m apart from the audience or other attendees.
- LIFE provides a Church Online option. If you could get really sick if you got COVID-19 or are isolating, this is available for you.
- If you are worried or have questions you should call your GP or family doctor. You can also call Healthline for free anytime on 0800 358 5453. Healthline has interpreters if you need one.
We’ve been notified by Auckland Regional Public Health Service that people with COVID-19 attended LIFE gatherings at the below locations and times:
LIFE Central Campus
25 Normanby Road, Mt Eden
Friday 13th May
6:00pm – 10:00pm
(Epic Youth Event)
The important public health message for those who were there at the stated date and time remains:
- Watch out for symptoms. If anyone feels unwell they should get tested and stay home.
- For 10 days avoid seeing people who could get very unwell with COVID-19 (e.g. people who are aged 70 plus, are pregnant, or who have serious medical conditions)
Thank you for your patience and continual efforts in keeping our LIFE family safe in this season.